I often get asked, “what is your opinion on wedding traditions?” My honest answer is this: your wedding is your day and it should reflect you and your partner – not the traditions of your late ancestors. That being said, there is one tradition that I will always stand by: The First Dance.
Your wedding can be a complete blur of greeting guests, taking pictures, and trying to stick to a timeline. The first dance is usually a couples’ first opportunity to slow down and truly enjoy each other without interruptions. The first dance also symbolizes the beginning of “the party” (BYE timeline)!
Every great first dance begins with a song that perfectly captures your love – whether it’s a song that played on your first date or a song with lyrics that make you think of each other.
If you are looking for first dance song suggestions, here are some of my favorites!
This list is in no particular order (after Stevie).
1. “For Once in My Life” – Stevie Wonder
2.“Can’t Help Falling In Love” – Elvis Presley
3. “At Last” – Etta James
4. “Crazy Love” – Van Morrison
5. “Fly Me To The Moon” – Frank Sinatra
6. “Perfect” – Ed Sheeran (or entire album)
7. “Better Together” – Jack Johnson
8. “Ho Hey “– The Lumineers
9. “Make You Feel My Love” – Adele
10. “You are The Best Thing” – Ray LaMontagne
BONUS – Rembrandt Yard Choices:
11. Tracey: “Is This Love” – Bob Marley
12. Molly: “No Ones Gonna Love You” – Band of Horses
13. Erica: “Harvest Moon” – Neil Young
For a preview of each song, see below! Thank you for listening.